Snapper 2 Stroke fleet

jrspears

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Wanted to post a couple of pics of my mowers. All are 4HP 2 strokes. The one in the middle is my original mower that I bought new ~16 years ago. The two on the outside are recent acquisitions. I enjoy the forum and hope to be able to help out others. I need a little help myself and appreciate any feedback.

WP_20140706_12_25_37_Pro.jpgWP_20140706_12_26_09_Pro.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
Welcome, and very nice trio. My favorite is the older BBC. Hard to beat those WR 2cycles. Here's mine.

image-128525924.jpg

combatcarl

Threads
What's that caster rig on that one machine, there? Never seen that before. A kit? Pros n cons?

jrspears

Forum Newbie
Threads
The caster style mower is new to me. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago off of CL. I do believe it is the original setup. I bought it from the original owner. I have seen one other deck only just like it in the 2+ years I have been searching for Robin/Wisconsin Robin 2 stroke Snappers.

I have a very flat yard and the mower will turn on a dime but it is not as stable going in a straight line compared to the other two. There is a cable that will lock one of the front wheels that would probably take care of the stability but it is broken. I have been looking trying to find a replacement cable but the parts look up sites I have found only cover the part number of the mower not the model. The caster mower is the same part number as the one in the middle but has a different model number. The caster mower has about a 3 inch longer wheelbase and the front is a little heavier. I like it. I got a good deal on it and will probably keep it for awhile

combatcarl

Threads
That's neat. Never seen one before.

jrspears

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did a little searching and the caster wheels look to be an option for 21" hi-vac and steel decks. The part number is 7063061YP. Tulsa Engine Warehouse has it for 127.89. You can see the parts list and diagram at a number of sites including partstree.com.

combatcarl

Threads
Wow. $128, ouch. If I ever get to pimp one of mine out, I'll have to think about it. Make the turns easy.

sammyslab

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome, and very nice trio. My favorite is the older BBC. Hard to beat those WR 2cycles. Here's mine.

View attachment 22026

Hi Snapperfreak. That is a great collection you have there. I also have a great Snapper 214X1PR-2 with the Wisconcin Robin 2 cycle engine. I bought it new back in the late 80's. I think around 89 or 90 maybe? I never used it much and it still runs like new. It still has the same old engine drive belt and transmission drive belt that came on it, I put one of those new fangled ninja warrior blades (or whatever they are called) on it a couple of years ago. It still cuts great when I get it out. I've never had an issue with it. I generally cut off the gas flow to the carb to kill the engine rather that use the throttle cable. This seems to have saved me many problems related to problem fuel. It's definitely a keeper. ....

Snapperfreak

Threads
Sammyslab, that is great u bought it new and are still the original owner! Original belts too? Fantastic, that thing will outlive us. Good idea with the fuel shutoff, I've been doing the same thing with mine since I learned about it. Can u upload pics of your machine??

bigunn

Threads
I have a snapper with the casters on except it has a subur Robin 6.5 those caster work great if you unlock the front wheels mine works great after going arount the edge of my yard I never have to back up again.