Smoke and oil from the exhaust

Projectdiy

Threads
Yes. do not run it with gas smell in the oil.
oh, and are you sure of the model number? I couldn't find an parts breakdowns for that model, however i could find ones for 40777...
I can imagine that float valve getting under that clip on the bracket without being under both sides. I will take it apart and check this before I do anything else. Then do a couple of oil changes.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Double check that zero as it maybe a nine.

All I am finding using M777-0110 is three 44M and one 49M series.

Projectdiy

Threads

No I just went out to verify. There is no question as they are very clear 44M777

Projectdiy

Threads

Star tech I can't believe I made such a mistake reading those numbers.
It is clearly 44M777. I don't know why I kept saying 40 when I'm looking at 44.

Projectdiy

Threads
Yes. do not run it with gas smell in the oil.
oh, and are you sure of the model number? I couldn't find an parts breakdowns for that model, however i could find ones for 40777...
I discovered my error.
The mod # is 44m777

Projectdiy

Threads
No I double checked the level and had it right on the mark. However I just checked the dipstick and got a STRONG gasoline smell. I'm thinking that the float valve is somehow not shutting off. I'm going to open the carb and check it out and then drain the oil and replace with fresh and see if I accomplish what I intended in the first place.
I really thank you guys !!
I drained all that gasoline saturated oil out of the crankcase. I got a new float valve and am about to go through and clean the carb.
In doing that I noticed that the solenoid on the fuel bowl doesn't release when I turn the key. Could this have caused the fuel to go into the crankcase.
I'm not going to put it back together until I get a new solenoid.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
No, You can either replace the solenoid or just snip off the metal plunger rod and be done with it, mower will work fine with out it. or sometimes a good cleaning will take care of it, i usually use WD40 to clean the plunger and the bore.