Smart Switch headache

jw1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a RZ54i with a failing smart switch. I guess it can be said it got stupid. The switch on my mower is pn 584790602, REV C. It has a pair of hardwired pigtails permanently attached. All the listings for this pn on Ebay, etc show a switch that requires a separate detachable harness. Does anyone have one from an otherwise dead machine, or know of an alternate part that will work? I have been very happy with this mower, and would hate to have to give up on it.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads

jw1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jacks says your part number has been superseded. The part it superseded to is shown with a pair of pig tails that go into it. The cheap replacements may not include those pigtails. Maybe time to hit the local dealer or make a call to be sure the one you are getting has the plugin pigtails with it. example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/362966057814 Jacks: https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/husqvarna/584790602
Had an online chat with Husqvarna tech support this morning, which was mostly a waste of time. I then contacted both of my local dealers, one which said they can't order the original part or the new part. The other was having difficulties, too, but was going to call Mama Husky for more info. Waiting for their reply.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
sounds good. If you click on the link for the original part at Jacks it says NLA then superseded to. Then that link takes you to the part but there is no photo. The Ebay link shows the same part number as Jacks and it has pig tail assemblies with it. Personally I would do like you are and work it that way so I can see it before getting stuck with something that doesn't work. But if all else fails, try that superseded part number. One would think the cust ser could give you the updated part number, but who knows.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ring around to your local mower repair workshops ( not big franchise glass fronted show rooms ) and find one who will replace the switch with a normal key switch.
Husqvarna tried 3 versions of that "smart switch" then gave up and reverted to a standard key because they hd way too many failures .
I replace the smart switches for the same rate as the full retail cost of the switch ( $ 400 to $ 600 Aus ) .
Every one of my customers with a smart switched mower has had their switch fail with the exception of the one person who keeps his mower in his garage that is air conditioned