small zero turns

granville

Threads
toro timecutter 32 vs ariens zoom 34.....any thought on these models.

granville

Threads
husky also has one 3016 .....can bearly fit a 42 inch in my barn....it would leave no extra room at all.The smaller zero turns is all I need for a half acre of mostly level ground.....just wondered if anybody has used them or the 42 inch versions of the these models

txzrider

Threads
I used a snapper yz1333 (13 hp 33" deck) for 15 years with great success, i just recently replaced it with a country clipper 20 hp 38 inch deck(I have a need to go through a gate.). I loved the snapper and hope to have the country clipper at least as long. I looked at the timecutter 4235 as well as the 4260 (kawasaki enging) but the in the end I really bought the clipper for the easy to maintain deck. Which I am about to go test since my mulch kit arrived yesterday. I don't see how you could go wrong with the timecutter ss series.

YardMonkey

Threads
Do these 33" or so ZT's have the antiscalping wheels on them?
If not,how do you feel about running them through a yard with a few exposed tree roots...
I know where they are and so does my wife, but she still hits them pretty hard (says she forgets)...

txzrider

Threads
both my snapper and the new country clipper have antiscalping wheels. I have not had issues with exposed roots, hidden stumps yes... roots not so much.I guess it would depend on the root, mine was exposed enough and long enough the deck would slide over it. That being said I was always impressed with how the snapper deck floated relative to the frame of the mower. This country clipper seems much more stiff laterally and I dont know if it will float. On the snapper when 1 wheel hit a dip (like where the water meter was) the deck floated and did not scalp. On the country Clipper I mowed it so I centered the depression for the meter and it was evenly cut as well. the attached picture shows the antiscalp wheels on the clipper really well. they are huge.
IMAG0495small.jpg