Small engine storage

lizard

Threads
Sorry for not being able to follow up on this, had no Internet access for several days...DSL quit working and couldn't even connect by dial up. About 8 years ago I used Stabil in several small engines, stored them with fresh fuel and added the stabilizer, but 5 months later the fuel was very yellowish and stale...decided to never use the stabilizer again.

What do you use your Jubilee for? I inherited mine from my dad, he used it as a hobby tractor, I started tearing it down to rebuild the engine a long time ago and then decided to buy my JD because I wanted something that could use a modern mid mount mower and FEL, plus had PS and hydro.

You did the right thing.............nothing runs like a 'Deere'...............lol:eek:

carl22

Threads
I agree with the majority. I run my mower bone-dry then put a couple squirts of general purpose oil into the spark plug hole. I've never left gas in the mower all season.

indypower

Threads
If it has a metal gas tank, I leave it full, with stabil and isoprole drygas. Leaving a metal tank full will not allow it to rust. Metal tanks were used on the older models. For newer models with plastic tanks, I add stabil and isoprpoel drygas, shutoff the gas and let it run until it dies. I then drain out the gas tank and use that gas in my snowblower. I also remove the spark plug and squirt some Marvel Mystery oil down the plug hole and turn the engine over a couple of times. I also make sure the deck is blown off so no damp grass sits there rusting the deck.