Small clog, BIG $$ problem

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got an email last night from a friend, it saod that yesterday afternoon he was having a problem with his kitchen sink drain and the dishwasher wouldn't drain properly either. So he went and purchased a big bottle of Draino and tried that, the sink still would not drain properly. He called a plumber and the plumber removed the sink trap (!!!!) and snaked out the clog, and charged him $117 for the service call and the minimum half hour time to be on site. I told my friend he should have called me rather than using a plumber, ever though he lives a half hour away I would have been happy to go help.

Sigh...I really wonder how some people can be so mechanically challenged they cannot even take the time to clear out the bottom of their sink cabinet, put a bucket underneath the trap and clear a clog out. Anybody that uses drain cleaner is only creating a bigger problem if the chemical fails to clear a clog, if it doesn't work you now have a caustic chemical in your drain pipes for you or someone else to deal with. :confused2: :eek:

173abn

Threads
JD also don't use draino or other types if your plumbing is plastic.my daughter had tree roots in her sewer,the plumber said it would cost $20,000.00 to run a new line .I advised my daughter to move.her new place has pvpc all the way to the city hookup so she should'nt have any problems with roots and I made sure she understands not to use caustic chemicals. russ