Slow to run good...

2rr2nv15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey ya all,

I bought a Brand new Husky last year from Lowes. It's an HU 775BBC. It ran great for 70-80% of last summer. then, near the end, it started having this issue where it would start right up and when you went to engage the blade, the idle would drop WAY down to the point that it would die the moment you try to cut grass. If you disengage the blade, the idle will slooooowwwwwlllyyy come back up to the proper HIGH speed and you can then engage the blade no problem. I put stabil in it for the winter. First couple times this year, we had no problems, but now the problem is back. I'm figuring it must be varnish or something causing the slow idle prob... Right? if that's the case, what kind of cleaner should I mix in with the fuel?

if varnish is not the issue? then what is it? I'm normally pretty mechanically inclined (turned wrenches for 10 yrs), but lawnmower engines always give my fits... don't know why...

anyways, thanks for any and all help. need help soonest since I'm heading back to work today in WY and my wife will have to deal with the issue for the next week while I'm gone. which meas she'll have to cut grass at least twice.

Scot "Z"

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the throttle shaft in the carb. It may be sticking and preventing the throttle from opening under load.

2rr2nv15

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks.

wouldn't ya know it, I dumped some Seafoam in with some fuel today, started it up, and it purred like new. Engaged the blades and no idle drop. ran like a champ. Now, whether the Seafoam had to do anything with it, I have no idea cause I don't see it running thru that fast. sooo, the wife will get to try it out sometime in the next few days (grass is growing like mad) and we'll see what happens.

Scot "Z"