Sloping lawn

Partsman41953

Threads
Hi all,

I have a normal-size residential lot that is slopped at least 30 to 35 degree and was looking for the most economical lawnmower for this application. I now have an older John Deer 14 ST mower and was not sure if I should put the money into repairing that mower or just replace in. The blade needs to be replaced and I either need the carburetor replaced or rebuilt. The adjustment for the choke does not work at this time either so it is difficult to adjust the power of the mower. I also am having a very difficult time getting up the slope with this mower.

Any ideas if I should replace it and if so which mower would be better on the slope or should I just repair what I have and just deal with the slope.

Thanks for your input.

Glenn

BlueGrass

Threads
I would look for all the parts you need online and total that amount up. If that amount is more than what a new JD would be then I would opt for a new JD.

jenkinsph

Threads
I have a new JS45 mower that seems to climb banks okay without the bagger in place and that is often more than the 30 to 35 degrees you mentioned. When using a walk behind mower it is considered safer to work back and forth across the slope rather than up and down. Reason being you would be less likely to have the mower run over you if you slip and fall.

The new JS46 without caster wheels would be better for the cross slopes imo.