Skag Wildcat replacment Engine Suggestions - "Need Advice"

Maxburner

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Skag Wildcat replacment Engine Suggestions - "Need Advice"
Hello all, just joined the site and must say lots of good stuff out there thanks!

Need help... Just bought a 2005 Skag Wildcat 61" advantage with a blown Kohler command 27hp motor. Need to find an alternant replacement engine. Can anyone share what would be the best to switch over too. I found this Kawasaki 26 HP KAWASAKI LIQUID COOLED ENGINE FD731V-BS07

Not sure if it will fit yet because I haven't taken the blown unit off. If anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know. Want something to last and has easy hook-ups..

Many thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check Surplus Center, They have some good prices.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all, just joined the site and must say lots of good stuff out there thanks!

Need help... Just bought a 2005 Skag Wildcat 61" advantage with a blown Kohler command 27hp motor. Need to find an alternant replacement engine. Can anyone share what would be the best to switch over too. I found this Kawasaki 26 HP KAWASAKI LIQUID COOLED ENGINE FD731V-BS07

Not sure if it will fit yet because I haven't taken the blown unit off. If anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know. Want something to last and has easy hook-ups..

Many thanks
I don't recommend the vertical liquid cooled Kawasaki as it had a much higher problem rate than average. Their problems became evident early and mower manufacturers stopped ordering them for new machines. There have been thousands of them available from places like surplus center when Kawasaki cleared them out. Kawasaki no longer makes a vertical liquid cooled engine.
I would call Small Engine Warehouse or Tulsa Engine Warehouse and they will recommend suitable replacements for your Kohler. You can go online at Small Engine Warehouse and click on repower old equipment and Scag Wildcat to see what they recommend for repower.
Mad Mackie in CT:smile:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Many thanks

Where are you at in KY?

Maxburner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't recommend the vertical liquid cooled Kawasaki as it had a much higher problem rate than average. Their problems became evident early and mower manufacturers stopped ordering them for new machines. There have been thousands of them available from places like surplus center when Kawasaki cleared them out. Kawasaki no longer makes a vertical liquid cooled engine.
I would call Small Engine Warehouse or Tulsa Engine Warehouse and they will recommend suitable replacements for your Kohler. You can go online at Small Engine Warehouse and click on repower old equipment and Scag Wildcat to see what they recommend for repower.
Mad Mackie in CT:smile:

Thanks Mad!