single blade lawnmower wont start

ruski

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hit the corner of a metal drain when I was blissfully mowing the lawn, instantly the mower shut off, I checked the blade and it is still attached with very minor scratches, however the pull cord is now stuck so I cant start the mower, Im not sure if this is a major issue or just a tangle, or is this something the mower does as a safety measure when the blade hits something hard, any advise appreciated

mistermowerman

Threads
I hit the corner of a metal drain when I was blissfully mowing the lawn, instantly the mower shut off, I checked the blade and it is still attached with very minor scratches, however the pull cord is now stuck so I cant start the mower, Im not sure if this is a major issue or just a tangle, or is this something the mower does as a safety measure when the blade hits something hard, any advise appreciated
Hello, you may have done two things to the mower. You may have partly sheared the timing key that sits between the engine flywheel and the crankshaft or more terminal is that you have bent your crankshaft at the blade end . T o find out remove your spark plug and turn the mower on its side (exhaust downwards)and see if the blade is lower one side or remove the blade and put the blade bolt back in partly, turn the engine over and you will see by how much the end of the bolt wobbles how badly the shaft is bent.