Since there's ni action here, a few questions

Threads
Since it doesn't move much , how old is everyone here? How long did you guys have your business and what made you do landscaping ?

CZLawnCare

Threads
16, had my buisness for 2 years going into my third. I got into this because my father did snow removal so it seemed logical for me to offer summer maintenance. How about you?

metz12

Threads
I am also 16. i love landscaping and working on small engines. i started about 3 years ago doing odd jobs from mowing to cleaning someones garage. i still do alot of odd jobs for people but the landscaping has increased.

jymie

Threads
Im an old fart, 53, been at this since 2008. Just wanted to do something where I was the boss

Threads
Nice! Me I'm 23, I started 4 years ago, I worked since I was 14 for a landscaper who showed me everything. I went to study marketing in school and realized I was missing the landscaping very bad. So that's how I started! Now since the last 4 years my company is getting bigger and bigger every year I now have a few trucks, zero turns, tractor . :) this year I should have be 4 full time employee and a few part time. We also expended to do interlock, hedge trimming basically everything regarding landscaping ;)

Threads
Im an old fart, 53, been at this since 2008. Just wanted to do something where I was the boss

That's really nice! And you're right it's the best thing to be your own boss!

Threads
I am also 16. i love landscaping and working on small engines. i started about 3 years ago doing odd jobs from mowing to cleaning someones garage. i still do alot of odd jobs for people but the landscaping has increased.

That's cool! I my self sometimes do odd jobs when I have good customers and you keep them happy you will have them on your side forever!!

metz12

Threads
That's cool! I my self sometimes do odd jobs when I have good customers and you keep them happy you will have them on your side forever!!

yeah i sometimes will do jobs for really cheap, like just to pay for the gas it takes me to do things.

Threads
I am fixing to be 40, and have been at it since 2000 I do mostly lawn cutting but I do mulch, and landscaping every once in awhile. I am thinking of opening a equipment repair shoppe this spring but I havent decided yet I do work on alot of mowers, and equipment already. I do everything from mowers to straw throwers, chainsaws, etc so I might as well be legit I guess. I commend you younger guys out there that are working because some in my area dont want to grow up, and be responsible. They would rather be goofing off, or sitting around doing nothing.