simply won't start

simplymike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guy's I'm a newbie I have a simplicity 16 GTH engine # 303777012201 code89071411 I can't get started. I adjusted valves, I have spark. I have taken out plugs and replaced. I can take plugs out put a little gas in cyls and get it to sputter a little bit but not start. I have fresh fuel.It seems to be spitting a bit of fuel out of carb. I'm out of ideas any help would be appreciated Thanks. Sorry Briggs Vanguard engine.

Yard Buster!

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guy's I'm a newbie I have a simplicity 16 GTH engine # 303777012201 code89071411 I can't get started. I adjusted valves, I have spark. I have taken out plugs and replaced. I can take plugs out put a little gas in cyls and get it to sputter a little bit but not start. I have fresh fuel.It seems to be spitting a bit of fuel out of carb. I'm out of ideas any help would be appreciated Thanks. Sorry Briggs Vanguard engine.

Hello, To me this sounds like your float is stuck in your carb. This can be simply fixed by cleaning your carb. I usually take apart the carb and blow out each port with WD-40. I set the jet screw or screws a turn and a half out. Then put it back together and install it back on the lawn mower. If your unsure about cleaning a carb there is a lot online about it. Also always use safety eye wear when blowing out the ports with WD-40, it can sometimes splash you if the port is plugged.