Simplicity reliability?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree about warranty. I still have a old Flathead Briggs on the 22" push mower. It still runs fine, it is beginning to show it's age tho, but still doing the job.

Many here say the new Briggs are from china & have lots off issues with them.. If I have to get replacement, I would want a Honda engine.

Kawasaki makes their own engines, & would not brand a B&S with their name.

wekjo

Threads
Hi All newbie here in Ireland. I am looking to buy a Simplicity Regent 110 or 210 side discharge or Snapper equivalent to replace a JD LR135 having replacef the deck/welding the frame/swapping the engine the last over 17 yrs. Like me it is not getting any younger. I mow a flat 3/4 of an acre. I am wondering if the Regent is a reliable mower - what are the common problems & will it pull a dump cart with a 300lbs load? All feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I have a 2009 Conquest, one model up from the Prestige. I went thru 2 of the B&S 23HP vanguards. They both lost same connecting rod (right side) at about 900 hours, Replaced with a Kohler 6000 series, which replaced the ill-fated Kohler Courage line. I put a 12v fan from ebay in the cowling, blowing on the engine this time; and tho it has but one carb it runs stronger than either of the B&S engines did and is most likely well past 1000 hours now. Root around on youtube there is a video of it. Also replaced the transmission with the second engine change, just as it had so many hours not that it seemed to be failing. Actually the roller at the back of the deck is what makes the Simplicity distinct, no scalping and even cut, I know a Simplicity cut yard when I drive by one. Note you have to know what you are doing to adjust the darn thing and it does wear down and out so it too must be serviced. The roller equipped deck is heavy and does not hang from the mower as do other decks. It hangs in the front but the rear rolls on the ground.

Ineedhelp2021

Threads
If I were you I would definitely go simplicity if you can, everything on simplicity tractors are built like an absolute tank (yes even the new ones). The only thing would be is that you might not get the cut quality you are looking for compared to Snapper. The only thing with the engines on those after a lot of hours, use, and abuse is going to be probably a bad fuel pump or since its a v-twin, only having spark on one side. All in all though, I would buy a Simplicity if you can.

Born2Mow

Threads
Hi All newbie here in Ireland.
While we got you on the line...
Understood for the longest that Leprechauns kept a "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow. Latest rumor is that they changed with the times and simply keep "pot".

Care to comment ? :ROFLMAO:

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I met a guy once who swore he saw a leprechaun - he was known for being fond of a smoke so anything is possible - I met him in a bar & we were all the worse for wear - but that’s Ireland for you

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I were you I would definitely go simplicity if you can, everything on simplicity tractors are built like an absolute tank (yes even the new ones). The only thing would be is that you might not get the cut quality you are looking for compared to Snapper. The only thing with the engines on those after a lot of hours, use, and abuse is going to be probably a bad fuel pump or since its a v-twin, only having spark on one side. All in all though, I would buy a Simplicity if you can.
Thanks for your reply

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 Conquest, one model up from the Prestige. I went thru 2 of the B&S 23HP vanguards. They both lost same connecting rod (right side) at about 900 hours, Replaced with a Kohler 6000 series, which replaced the ill-fated Kohler Courage line. I put a 12v fan from ebay in the cowling, blowing on the engine this time; and tho it has but one carb it runs stronger than either of the B&S engines did and is most likely well past 1000 hours now. Root around on youtube there is a video of it. Also replaced the transmission with the second engine change, just as it had so many hours not that it seemed to be failing. Actually the roller at the back of the deck is what makes the Simplicity distinct, no scalping and even cut, I know a Simplicity cut yard when I drive by one. Note you have to know what you are doing to adjust the darn thing and it does wear down and out so it too must be serviced. The roller equipped deck is heavy and does not hang from the mower as do other decks. It hangs in the front but the rear rolls on the ground.
That’s the bit I’m not sure of - my garden doesn’t have a lot of straight lines so the stripes might cross a lot & look messy. I want to pull a dump cart so I m wondering if the roller will snag & generally because nuisance? Thanks for your response.

d2wing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity Prestige. It is a great mower. Simplicity mowers are top quality. Over the years they have built tractors for other brands such as Allis Chalmers, Agsco, and others like some models of Snapper and Craftsman. I don't know about the Regent. I think the Regent uses the same transmission as most cheaper mowers, the Tuff torque K46. I wouldn't do any heavy pulling with one.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for all comments regarding Simplicity Lawn Tractors. I believe the Operator/ Maintenance Tech of any tractor has the possibility of making their tractor last as long as they wish. Competency, wisdom, & knowledge play a major part of the owners reliability.