Simplicity reliability?

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All newbie here in Ireland. I am looking to buy a Simplicity Regent 110 or 210 side discharge or Snapper equivalent to replace a JD LR135 having replacef the deck/welding the frame/swapping the engine the last over 17 yrs. Like me it is not getting any younger. I mow a flat 3/4 of an acre. I am wondering if the Regent is a reliable mower - what are the common problems & will it pull a dump cart with a 300lbs load? All feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I purchased a Broadmoor new in June of 2010. My younger son & I perform maintenance & repairs on my Broadmoor & he & his older brothers 2010 Conquest mowers. All three have B&S Vanguard Engines but different transaxles. I have a Tuff Torque K57, younger son has a K61L Tuff Torque, older son has a K664C in rear & KXH10NC up front, 4x4 full time tractor with 136 hrs. on meter, younger son has 180 hrs. on his Conquest. Stay away from Regent, my opinion.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have serviced a few of the older broadmoor mowers. Seem a little higher quality than the box store mowers. I hate the deck with the rollers that ride on the ground. Waited a month for a sector gear and pinion shaft for one. Simplicity branded and bagged parts came in Briggs and stratton boxes. Not a big fan of the hydro lever on the dash either but that is a personal preferance. $0.02

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have serviced a few of the older broadmoor mowers. Seem a little higher quality than the box store mowers. I hate the deck with the rollers that ride on the ground. Waited a month for a sector gear and pinion shaft for one. Simplicity branded and bagged parts came in Briggs and stratton boxes. Not a big fan of the hydro lever on the dash either but that is a personal preferance. $0.02
B&S owned Simplicity in the past, maybe they still do. Simplicity tractors have been around for a number of years. They were once considered a top of the line lawn & garden tractor to own. New Simplicity tractors are sold at Dealers etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Simplicity are a much better mower than any Snapper will ever be.
That is why they went broke, product was too well make thus ended up being too expensive for cheap skate buyers.
However they are anything but Simple to maintain so download the owners manual and read it carefully.
Few owners actually do maintain them properly so used ones often require a lot of fetteling to get them back to perfect working order.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Neighbor has a Simplicity Courier 42/23 w/ Briggs on it. I service it for him. That Briggs has oil weeping from about everywhere there is a gasket. That started before 8 hours on it. I told him to take it in for Warranty. But he didn't.

Simplicity has been around since I believe about 1939. Briggs did buy them, so they had another place for their engines.
After the B&S bankruptcy not sure if the New Briggs still holds the rights to Simplicity tho,

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Broadmoor new in June of 2010. My younger son & I perform maintenance & repairs on my Broadmoor & he & his older brothers 2010 Conquest mowers. All three have B&S Vanguard Engines but different transaxles. I have a Tuff Torque K57, younger son has a K61L Tuff Torque, older son has a K664C in rear & KXH10NC up front, 4x4 full time tractor with 136 hrs. on meter, younger son has 180 hrs. on his Conquest. Stay away from Regent, my opinion.
Thanks for the reply much appreciated
thanks for your reply - do you mean the pressed steel deck or the fabricated? The fab looks good but I reckon would be pricey to replace but should last longer or am I deluded? Cheers

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity are a much better mower than any Snapper will ever be.
That is why they went broke, product was too well make thus ended up being too expensive for cheap skate buyers.
However they are anything but Simple to maintain so download the owners manual and read it carefully.
Few owners actually do maintain them properly so used ones often require a lot of fetteling to get them back to perfect working order.
Thanks - maybe it’s just in Europe but the simplicity & snapper are almost identical. I know older Simplicity models have a great reputation- it’s hard to find meaningful long term reviews on current models. I guess us cheap skates will have to just do the best with what we’ve got btw the regent 110 costs the equivalent of $3500 ! It’s considered high end over here. Thanks for the reply

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Neighbor has a Simplicity Courier 42/23 w/ Briggs on it. I service it for him. That Briggs has oil weeping from about everywhere there is a gasket. That started before 8 hours on it. I told him to take it in for Warranty. But he didn't.

Simplicity has been around since I believe about 1939. Briggs did buy them, so they had another place for their engines.
After the B&S bankruptcy not sure if the New Briggs still holds the rights to Simplicity tho,
B&s still own Simp & Snapper - looks like they purchased their route to market. I see a lot of negative comment re b&s - I’m not crazy about them but my intel 13.5hp lasted 16yrs & then I paid €200 for a second hand one - mower runs better than when new! I like the idea of a Kawi as you guys call them - we call them Kwacker over here btw - are any of the current engines branded b&s but Kawi made like the older vanguard? Looks like I’d have to go Cubby to get a Kawi? Thanks for your reply.

Irish guy

Forum Newbie
Threads

I like a warranty - shame to waste it!