Simplicity regent steering turns too tightly

driz

Threads
heres A Blast from my past as I never could fix but found a way to keep this thing from tearing the wheel out of my hands and it drives like power steering too. I saw someone’s idea of putting A 3/4” flat roller Bering under each steering post to make it steer easier. It really makes a huge difference . Better it keeps that oversteer from taking the wheel sideways right out of my hands. Now when it tries I can easily with one hand keep it from getting away. As for when it does and bending the steering arm the 1/2” rod that I welded in the stiffening recess on the bottom of the arm has kept it from being bent now for many years since added it.
Anyways I just found this and put it up in case someone else is having the same issues . I really can’t say enough for those flat bearings from EBay. They make handling an absolute breeze and so far the original set are on their 3rd season and going strong. I just drip a bit of oil on them every few uses if I think of it. I think 4 pairs with washers were around $10 👍🏻