Simplicity Legacy with Kohler CH25S Battery Voltage Drop/Kill after Engine Start

cleanclip

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity Legacy with Kohler CH25S Battery Voltage Drop/Kill after Engine Start
All, SImplicity 1691872 Legacy with 60 inch deck. New battery, newly cleaned carb, getting spark. Somewhere I think I have a short. I turn the key and battery looks good. When I turn it over, engine starts with choke, runs about 10-20 seconds then you see battery drop to zero killing the engine. I've left the key turned and when I watch and count, the battery power comes back after 20-25 seconds each time. Then i can start up again but this continues to kill power. My guess is that the circuit breaker is killing the circuit due to a short somewhere...but I'm hoping someone has a good link/doc/guidance on how to troubleshoot to know for sure if it is a short, bad breaker etc.

Any/all help appreciated! Thanks much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Simplicity Legacy with Kohler CH25S Battery Voltage Drop/Kill after Engine Start
Welcome
The model number 1691872 is for the 4 bag catcher not a mower.
If you want help we need to know the model number of your mower so we can dig out the correct circuit diagram to diagnose your problem
Otherwise we are just urinating into the wind and making you run round in circles .

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this motor actually need a battery to run once started? Going to need more info.

cleanclip

Forum Newbie
Threads
All, thanks for the reply. Typo on the model...1692872. I talked to Kohler and they are convinced that I have a short somewhere based on battery drop to zero then coming back after 25 seconds. Not a fan of running in circles....urinating in the wind is enjoyable if your neighbors don't mind!

keakar

Threads
i bet its the regulator thats bad, not sure how to test it for an intermittent issue though

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might just unplug it?

cleanclip

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bypassed the onboard Simplicity circuit breaker with an inline fuse. Engine runs great. Now dealing with a super hot smoky radiator...but at least it stays running and it's not blowing the fuse. Thanks for the thoughts.