Simplicity cut ZTR vs. Y/GT

firstbase

Threads
Everyone knows about the superior quality of the cut from a Simplicity yard/garden tractor. Can't say that I ever heard anyone disagree with that. Can the same be said of their ZTR's? How does the Simplicity ZTR cut compare to other brands?

earthworm

Threads
Everyone knows about the superior quality of the cut from a Simplicity yard/garden tractor. Can't say that I ever heard anyone disagree with that. Can the same be said of their ZTR's? How does the Simplicity ZTR cut compare to other brands?

I have the ZT 16 44 , with a 1693827 deck.............this MAY be the same deck as the regular tractors use.....
Wish I knew, I need a mulch kit..
Another thing I learned...
The anti-scalp wheels are adjustable for heigth...
I will lower mine...
The cut quality is OK, its a lousy lawn, so one cannot complain

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Now that's something I've never heard? There are some LT and garden tractors that give a decent cut but none have superior quality cut over others that I know of and they sure wouldn't be superior over a good quality ZTR.

earthworm

Threads
A quality cut is impossible with my "lawn". Not being wealthy, I'll have to live with this...And use my head more...and use the 21" cut more...Maybe a leading edge anti-scalp wheel would help..
Right now , I need info on the hydraulic oil.
20-50 ?
"regular" hydraulic fluid ?
This oil I can change simply by pulling the hose at the transmission....may not be the best way, but it should work......

earthworm

Threads
BTW, If we really want a superior cut....and we have a true lawn with grass and nary a weed.....why not a reel type with a powerful vacuum above it ???

firstbase

Threads
Now that's something I've never heard? There are some LT and garden tractors that give a decent cut but none have superior quality cut over others that I know of and they sure wouldn't be superior over a good quality ZTR.

Ric, you've never heard that Simplicity YT/GT have a great quality cut?

DJ660

Threads
If by quality cut you mean blowing grass out front of deck and building up on deck, transmission, engine cooling fins and operator then pushing over the uncut grass with the rollers to give you the appearance of a ball park? If so the quality of cut is FANTANSTIC!:thumbsup:

earthworm

Threads
If by quality cut you mean blowing grass out front of deck and building up on deck, transmission, engine cooling fins and operator then pushing over the uncut grass with the rollers to give you the appearance of a ball park? If so the quality of cut is FANTANSTIC!:thumbsup:

I take it, you consider the Simplicity cut to be ....lousy.
Why ?
mulching ?
blade sharpness ?