Repairs Simplicity 5216H Hydro Help

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a nice 5216H that I will be doing some service on soon and the hydro oil is dirty but works great otherwise. I want to drain and refill; does this unit have a drain plug? I see a hex headed bolt on the bottom but I want to make sure it isn't holding something in place internally.

I can do the siphon method but an all out drain would be preferred. Thoughts?

I will also be replacing the spindle bearings and drive belt; maybe I can post some photos and advice to others afterwards.

I'm wrapping up a Simplicity Regent 12/36 that I bought from the original owner. It was a victim to some ham-fisted hack that resulted in the owner buying a new mower prematurely.

Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.453691308007407.99384.420579901318548&type=3

Thanks!

snapsstorer

Threads
checking out the manual online the bottom plug is the drain plug. the manual suggest's replaceing the fluid with mutli-purpose hydraulic/transmission oil. go to:lawnandgarden.manualsonline.com

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Re: Simplicity 5216H Hydro Help *UPDATE*

Gents,

The old oil drained out easily via the lower plug; I went to fill the unit through the reservoir and the oil just sat there with no movement. After a few minutes of head scratching, I found the fill plug to the left of the reservoir (covered with grass) and proceeded to fill there.

It's now good to go with fresh oil!