Simplicity 20 GTH No Hydraulics

deerman206

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have recently acquired a Simplicity 20 GTH with a 60" deck from a family member who owned it since new. It lost hydraulics over a year ago and was parked. I have gotten it running and confirmed that there is no drive, steering, or deck lift. This tractor has over 1500 hours but has been well maintained. Initial observations, I have noticed quite a bit of play on the pump end of the driveshaft yoke. I don't know if that could have caused excess vibration that damaged the pump? Any recommendations on where to start with this issue? If I end up needing to proceed with pump repair/replacement, are there other wear items that I should replace while I am doing this work?(engine mounts, lines. etc.) Thanks in advance.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post 7 digit model number as well as all numbers from engine & engine manufacturer. Don't know if this is includes your tractor:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/ifDzFO9buH0sF9DOh6lEP5NRQpe.pdf I would do visual inspection of complete tractor, hands on, and make a list of discrepancies. As far as hydraulics go, if hoses, pump,etc. look good, I would drain system, replace filter & oem fluid that's posted in manual page 46 and give it a go, see how she does, check for leaks.

Object moved click anyway

Last edited:

deerman206

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but i recall it being a magnum 20 HP engine. I believe it was manufactured in 1991.

earthworm

Threads
Not sure at all about this, I am rather new to the world of Simplicity and hydraulics ..But , there is a control that shuts off the hydraulics so that the tractor can be moved by man ..when it is being worked on in a shop ..it would be awful if this is forgotten about .....I am the man with the 4212 - 1691340 , and filthy oil ..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads