shut down

gregjo1948

Threads
23hp FH680V Kaw..... When I turn ignition off, it takes 10-15 seconds for the engine to stop running. It starts as it should and, so far, always does shut down. Would a faulty fuel solenoid cause this? Thank you, gregjo1948

RoperGuy

Threads
By the sounds of it your fuel solenoid if working proper, 10-15 seconds would be the fuel remaining in the carb after shut down and the fuel is cut off. Your problem would be with your kill lead and why it's not grounding out after you turn off your key.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
23hp FH680V Kaw..... When I turn ignition off, it takes 10-15 seconds for the engine to stop running. It starts as it should and, so far, always does shut down. Would a faulty fuel solenoid cause this? Thank you, gregjo1948

My Kohler 20hp single cylinder used to do that. This is just a suggestion but reduce the throttle to about half way and let it run for 10 to 15 seconds before you shut it down and see if that helps the problem, worked for me.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me it sounds like your ignition switch is starting to go, not shut off current to the fuel solenoid and opening the kill circuit. I would start by starting the engine and engaging the parking brake. Get off the unit and disconnect the wire going to the fuel solenoid. If the engine shuts down the solenoid is good. If you have a good electrical contact cleaner you can remove the switch and then clean the contacts through the key hole and the back, to see if that makes a difference. No change, I would be replacing the switch.

gregjo1948

Threads
Found the problem!!!!!!!!! One wire going to the fuel solenoid was unplugged. Thank you all for your replies, gregjo1948