Shrinking bags

rickpaulos

Threads
My 1320 bags seem to be getting smaller over the years. Anyone notice that on theirs?

Are the bags the same for the twin bag model as the 3-bag model?

It takes seconds to fill the bags with leaves, then the tube jambs up. I'd like to use the mower for picking up leaves but I spend as much time emptying the bags and the tube as I would just raking the leaves. To reduce jambs, I've scrubbed the inside of the tube and waxed it with Turtle wax. The special lift blade doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm thinking of a Cyclone Rake for autumn.

Just sold my walk behind Troy Bilt leaf vac/shredder. It worked okay but was way too small for my 2 acres.

Rick

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your 2 acres might include a vegetable garden. Leaves are a natural fertilizer for gardens, flower beds, etc. In early spring we till them into our garden whereby they decompose and enrich soil. Another idea would be checking into mulching blade kit for your mower. My son and I use blowers to take care of the leaves. Just wanted to pass this information on to you.

packardv8

Threads
I use the high lift blades, so the tube seldom jams, but when leaves are deep, the bags fill instantly. There's never going to be a bagger large enough.

For forty years I've been spreading the mulched leaves and pine needles on my 50'x100' garden. They're tilled in once in the fall and again twice in the spring. Makes wonderful soil.

jack vines

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use the high lift blades, so the tube seldom jams, but when leaves are deep, the bags fill instantly. There's never going to be a bagger large enough.

For forty years I've been spreading the mulched leaves and pine needles on my 50'x100' garden. They're tilled in once in the fall and again twice in the spring. Makes wonderful soil.

jack vines

You're oh so right Mr. Vines, nice rich soil!

cctman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a LT1045 and LT1050 for doing fall leaves, once the bag and chute clog, I keep going over the whole yard mulching the leaves up, these tractors will cut chop down piles as as high as 3 feet you just have to watch out for the mufflers.

Once the whole yard of leaves are chopped/mulched I empty the bags & chute and ride over the yard sucking up the mulched leaves. I can do 3/4 of acre in about 75 min. with about 6 -8 bags of leaves total.

I do not use high lift blades on the LT1050's cause when muclhing leaves it will break the lifts off ! Broke 6 of them 3 years ago, so use the standard lift blades

Hope this helps as I do about 25 yards of leaves every fall-- Fall Leaves = $$$$$$$$