Shindiawa T282X

Knots

Threads
Shindiawa T282X
Starts and runs fine for a few minutes then will no longer take throttle and dies.
Suspected tank not venting as I could hear air moving into vent line when I removed vent with engine off. Replaced vent, same results. Runs great till it quits. Any ideas on where to start?? Fuel filter looks clean.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Loosen fuel cap when this happens & see it that fixes it.. Did it run well with vent valve removed ?

Knots

Threads
Thanks for your reply. Runs great without vent in place for about ten minutes then quits like you turned the switch off.
What are the chances that the coil is getting hot and breaking down? Runs perfectly for 10-15 minutes.
Coil kind of expensive but will replace if you think that is the way to go.
How hard is it to get to the coil on the Shindiawa T282X? Thank you very much.

Knots

Threads
Thanks for your reply. Runs great without vent in place for about ten minutes then quits like you turned the switch off.
What are the chances that the coil is getting hot and breaking down? Runs perfectly for 10-15 minutes.
How hard is it to get to the coil on the Shindiawa T282X? Thank you very much.
Forgot to ask. If I replace the coil, what is the coil to flywheel gap? Have used a matchbook cover but that is not very precise. Thanks again.
Shindiawa T282X.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The coil on Shindaiwa & Echo have FREE lifetime warranty, I know both mine do. But Dealer has to do the check, & install. So fee involved for labor..

When yours quits, quickly test the spark lead for spark. Various ways, I have voltage tester, or even a spark plug holding the plug body to metal, & yank rope to test.

Coil gap, I use a biz card.

Knots

Threads
The coil on Shindaiwa & Echo have FREE lifetime warranty, I know both mine do. But Dealer has to do the check, & install. So fee involved for labor..

When yours quits, quickly test the spark lead for spark. Various ways, I have voltage tester, or even a spark plug holding the plug body to metal, & yank rope to test.

Coil gap, I use a biz card.

Knots

Threads
Thank you very much. Will check with local Shindiawa dealer. Original selling dealer is kaput. Thanks for the lead and have a nice day.