Shed for mower

dria

Threads
I am building a new shed for my mowers. I wanted to raise the structure about a foot off the ground. That will be the only way to get it even and keep it up away from any flooding water. What sort of grade will I need for the ramp out of the shed?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The longer the ramp the better... but that is not always practical, so make it as long and as wide as your space will allow, you do not want to be so short on your ramp that your mower deck hi-centers on the transition... KennyV

Hoss

Threads
I'm not very good with angles and percentages, but I would go about 4 feet out if you can. That way you're only "grading up" 3 inches per foot.

173abn

Threads
dira,I'm building an add on to my barn for my grasshopper ,only thing is I poured footers and foundations and a concrete ramp.all you need to do is build it with enough pitch to shed water away from your shed and as said wide enough that it won't high center your mower. russ

Ross

Threads
That's the main thing right there dra, keeping the water out. As long as the pitch is good for that and getting your mowers in, you should be good to go.

dria

Threads
Thanks for all the tips. I did not think of the water issue but it is defiantly on my mind now. I can make the ramp as long as I want to and 4 feet sounds pretty good. I hope I can get this project under way and or finished by the end of the month!