Engine severe intermitant mis in Florida humidity

mijjy

Threads
Engine sometimes runs rough on startup in Florida's humid weather as experienced in the morning, it may run without skipping a beat later on in the day, after lunch for example. Mice did get at my wiring harness, that was repaired last year and ran fine for about half a mowing season. Any advice as to how I can fix this for good? Do I have to replace the wiring harness, or could it just be a relay or something?
Thanks, Jim

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine sometimes runs rough on startup in Florida's humid weather as experienced in the morning, it may run without skipping a beat later on in the day, after lunch for example. Mice did get at my wiring harness, that was repaired last year and ran fine for about half a mowing season. Any advice as to how I can fix this for good? Do I have to replace the wiring harness, or could it just be a relay or something?
Thanks, Jim

I've lived in Florida for almost 45 years, East and West coast and I've never heard of the humidity causing a start up problem before.

mijjy

Threads
I've lived in Florida for almost 45 years, East and West coast and I've never heard of the humidity causing a start up problem before.

it will start, but soon developes a severe engine miss that will sometimes clear up and other times get worse and die, then it won't restart until humidity lessens. I'm going to try re-taping the wire harness again as soon as weather permits. Something must be shorting out to ground causing the severe engine miss.
Jim

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
it will start, but soon developes a severe engine miss that will sometimes clear up and other times get worse and die, then it won't restart until humidity lessens. I'm going to try re-taping the wire harness again as soon as weather permits. Something must be shorting out to ground causing the severe engine miss.
Jim

Where in Florida are you??