Sensor Oil PSI 3 Terminal

annhummingbird

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a part for my Cub Cadet KT740-3058. The part is Kohler 25-099-36-S Sensor Oil PSI 3 Terminal.

If you need more information can you please let me know. I have called several places and after we talk they do not have that part
and do not know how to fix. I even had one person say find a person to wire around it. I prefer to not do this but if I have to I guess
we will do that.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Doesn’t look like the part is still available. Did a Google search using that part number and found many supposedly available on the web. Your best bet would be to call each site to make sure they have one in stock.

annhummingbird

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was hoping that someone might know where I can get this part or how to fix it with out that part.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check out the Carter A68301 or the Standard PS-64 switch it should operate the same and is threaded 1/8-27 NPT. basically it is a SPDT pressure operated switch. On further review these may not work as thought as they appear to apply 12v to the ignition coil(s) which would destroy it (them).

12V in one terminal
one appear to be magneto kill.
And out on the third terminal to smart choke

So with no pressure the output terminal is grounded and when 6+ PSI is present 12v is present on the output terminal.

Another option is to use a regular one terminal switch and a relay to switch things.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Must be too much work???

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And here is the differences between the Original Design and the Updated design that an one wire oil switch. Some simple wiring changes is all that is needed so much less headaches and work.

1716045203058.png
1716045232416.png

Last edited:

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I am looking for a part for my Cub Cadet KT740-3058. The part is Kohler 25-099-36-S Sensor Oil PSI 3 Terminal.

If you need more information can you please let me know. I have called several places and after we talk they do not have that part
and do not know how to fix. I even had one person say find a person to wire around it. I prefer to not do this but if I have to I guess
we will do that.
I don't know if they still offer it, but as late as 2022 Kohler had a conversion kit to replace that sensor that was only available by contacting the factory. You might give them a try. Often times they will send a kit at no charge when something like that has been discontinued. It's worth a shot. You should be able to get in touch with someone at either 1-800-GOKOHLER or 1-866-GOKOHLER. I can't remember for sure, but I think it's 866. You don't actually have to dial the R but it won't hurt anything if you do. If neither of those numbers work you can call the main switchboard at 1-920-457-4441 and ask for the gasoline engine tech service dept.