Selling a John Deere 68

PyhooyaBooya

Threads
I would like to put my john deere 68 on craigslist. It was probably made sometime between 75-80. It has key start, briggs 8hp engine, new plug. All that crape. Runs and mows. Rear engine. How much should I ask for? And will I get more from or if I list it as a "collector item"? It is a deere and I am in Missouri. People go nuts over these green things.

jenkinsph

Threads
Late to this thread but without pics or description of condition it would be hard to place a value on it. We had a pair of these years ago, great visibility but had a small deck about 30"?, my dad and I mowed his 5 acre lawn with them. I feel we got some good service from them too.

AndySKane

Threads
I would like to put my john deere 68 on craigslist. It was probably made sometime between 75-80. It has key start, briggs 8hp engine, new plug. All that crape. Runs and mows. Rear engine. How much should I ask for? And will I get more from or if I list it as a "collector item"? It is a deere and I am in Missouri. People go nuts over these green things.

Whatever you do on Craigs list, include as many pictures as possible, I think they allow 4. Without pictures they don't get looked at. I wouldn't add "collector item" as those in the know will know and others will be turned off thinking its old and junky.