Self Propelled Troy-Bilt Lawner?

eddie57

Threads
Hi, My Troy-Bilt Self Propelled Lawnmower, model #12AEA29L011, seems to me like it's not what it used to be. The mower is 10.5 years old. Engine seems to be in great shape. I have a very thick yard, (carpet grass). When I am cutting my yard and making a 90 degree turn I lift the front end of the lower and then after I turn, I lower the front end down and notice that at times the wheels won't spin. I had never noticed this before. On thinner grass I haven't noticed this issue before. Any comments on what maybe wrong are appreciated. Thank you

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
First thing I would suspect and check is the drive belt is slipping.
Part Number:954-04259A

eddie57

Threads
First thing I would suspect and check is the drive belt is slipping.
Part Number:954-04259A
I will check it out. Are they difficult to replace? I am willing to tackle just about anything.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Easy peasy if you're mechanically inclined.
Should be under a plastic cover going to the front of the mower

eddie57

Threads
Easy peasy if you're mechanically inclined.
Should be under a plastic cover going to the front of the mower
I just changed the belt. It was very easy. Removing and replace all the screws took the most time. I took my time and didn't use any power tools and it took me around 30 minutes. I haven't used it to cut the grass yet, but when I turned it on and put it in the propel gear to took off like a race car. Thanks again.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Great news, thanks for coming back and letting us know! It will help another owner in the future.

eddie57

Threads
You're very welcome.
Hi I finally tried using my lawnmower after having replaced the belt. It seems to work well on low grass, but when I try cutting the front yard, which has carpet grass, it seems like it doesn't work as well. It will seem to work and then when I make a 90 degree turn and lift the front of the lawnmower and after making the turn I place the front wheels down on the grass they seem to stop spinning. I will lift it up a few times and the wheels will start spinning and then after doing this a few times the wheel will then seem to spin on the grass, but still not like it used to be. Any other suggestions? Thanks.