self propel rear wheel drive prob...

red2blue

Threads
When I got my TB360 last fall it had a bit of a....hiccup in the "trans?". When the drive lever was disengaged because I was pulling back on the mower....the right side wheel would occasionally lock up. I'd move forward again then reverse and all would be well. In the past year the prob gradually lessened till it rarely happened at all. Today...as I was finishing the the right rear wheel developed a big thunking sound and a decidedly wrong looking repetitive bulging in the inner wheel housing.

So...I'm assuming something let go in the "trans".

Any ideas before I got prying on this or that? Any link to maybe a schematic so that I might figure out what I'm looking at?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

red2blue

Threads
Okay....will make this short. It's been dry enough that the only thing growin is a few hardy weeds...so haven't needed the mower. Been workin odd hrs so...anyway...just got into this tonight.

I don't know who the trifling, sorry, lazzyazzmfckr was who assembled this mower, but I'd love to meet the sorry s.o.b. face to face.

After scanning the listed schematic and seeing nuthing that'd jump out and cause this problem. I popped the outside cap off each wheel. Unscrewed the hub nut...pulled the wheels off. (What's not shown in the schematic is a sprocket that's bolted to the inside of each wheel. It's attached with three #10 1 1/4" - 5/16" hex head screws.)

The prob?

A forth screw left loose inside each wheel...left loose to get caught whenever it hit the right place!

The assembler couldn't pick out the screw he dropped when installing the drive sprocket?

Sad

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its not very often you start with extra parts. Normally you end with one extra part. I hope it did not do too much damage.

red2blue

Threads
Its not very often you start with extra parts. Normally you end with one extra part. I hope it did not do too much damage.

The wheel that was jammin up had some damage to the nylon ferrule that "guided" or surrounded the drive gear.

Will be interesting to see how this mows without suddenly locking up with no warning.