Sears craftsman

Sriles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Decided to join to get or give tips on problems with sears YT. Hear a lot of negative comments from owners but my story is that my 917.272201 with over 700 hours and the only big repair ( I did because warranty was up)one driveshaft replacement-took everything my property could give and only slowed down after 13 years of mowing two acres, some hills, dethatching, aerating and in the winter snow blowing heavy wet New England precip. This week it started losing transmission power after a half hour or so. Changed oil and v belt no help. Figured new hydro would cost to much so Sold it on for $400 to go toward my new 26hp-54 inch deck craftsman. Hope I have the same experience with the new one. Any tips would be appreciated or would be happy to offer help.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF....

There are a Lot of Old Craftsman mowers still working & will be for Many years to come...
You will have to tell us how your new model compares to your old... :smile:KennyV

talley2191

Threads
Can't complain about that at all. Exactly why I dropped my hard earned money down in my JD. I expect it to run 700 plus hours. My parents still use their 25 year old Craftsman today. Although its relegated to pulling the cart it's still running good they say. Used to mow 3 acres with it or for 15 years.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Craftsman Forum. :smile:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I' m impressed as an owner who had bad luck with the DYT 4000.