Sears Craftsman GT3000 Battery

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have found the Wal Mart tractor bats are good buys and will last about 3 years with care. About $28 with core.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have found the Wal Mart tractor bats are good buys and will last about 3 years with care. About $28 with core.

I wont buy those never start batteries from walmart. I had tractor give to me few years ago that had year old battery from walmart that went bad. I stick to autozone if I have to pay a core or my buddies shop that doesnt have a core charge when buying batteries.

Last edited:
Threads
I wont buy those never start batteries from walmart. I had tractor give to me that had year old battery that went bad. few years ago. I stick to autozone if I have to pay a core or my buddies shop that doesnt have a core charge when buying batteries.

I wont buy walmart batteries either they are junk. Advance auto parts sells a good battery too.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wont buy walmart batteries either they are junk. Advance auto parts sells a good battery too.

I bought a Walmart battery 5 years ago for my jeep got it tested 2 days ago still good like new .... Maybe I got the only good one. I bought it expecting to buy a new one in a year lol

Threads
I bought a Walmart battery 5 years ago for my jeep got it tested 2 days ago still good like new .... Maybe I got the only good one. I bought it expecting to buy a new one in a year lol

Automotive are not that bad but their lawn batteries are crap atleast the ones I bought where. They are both made by Johnson controls, or atleast that is who use to make their batteries.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Automotive are not that bad but their lawn batteries are crap atleast the ones I bought where. They are both made by Johnson controls, or atleast that is who use to make their batteries.

There still made by Johnson and select stores get ones made exoide.

redmed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a Walmart battery that lasted 6 years but used a BatteryMinder on the battery every winter. Last year I got the Duralast from Autozone and no problems.

treechipper48

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are in an area in which some parts of the year it is cold get a battery with high CCA (cold cranking amps).