Sears Craftsman 28856, Good value?

solman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted last week on a ZT maybe Cub Cadet. However was concerned about reliability and with the bagger I am at 3300 plus dollars. I read good reviews on this sears model and total cost with a bagger is under $2000. I know its not the same but I am only doing my own lawn and at 3/4 acre I thought I would be fine. This is a tight turning mower and while not a zero turn it comes close and should serve me well. What say all of you?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My experience with Craftsman is you get what you pay for. If you want this mower to give you service for more than five years, this is not for you. They do not hold up, especially if you have a rough yard. Most parts are stamped metal and the decks like to spring when you hit something. I know that the quality of today's tractors has gone downhill, so take your time. Look at things like metal thickness, grease fittings, ease of cleaning and maintenance. Also, remember that most repair shops charge more for equipment that they do not sell and Sears does not have local repair centers. Good Luck.

solman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I ended up buying this mower and have used it several times. I have over 3 hours on it and so far so good. I know its not up to the better grade of mower on the market but So far it seems to be well made and works fine. I do my own maintenance and had my last craftsmen rider mower for 17 years. If I get ten out of this one, which I believe i will I think its worth it. Its made by Huskvarna and works fine with plenty of power and gives a nice cut. Bagging is excellent as well and I found no real negatives so far on this machine.