Sears 28cc Brushcutter model 234.795490 carburetor

DaveCQE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I have an old Sears 28cc Brushcutter model #234.795490 and I cant start it. It has been sitting for about 3 years, I am assuming I need to remove and clean the carburetor but I am not sure how to remove it. Does anyone have an exploded view to know how it is being held in place? Below is a picture of the owners manual cover I found on the web. Thanks!
1650466834330.png

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
might look at the back of the manual for the exploded view of repair parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You are going to removing the engine covers and this one will require quite a bit of disassembly to get to the Walbro carburetor. As with most handhelds they are not repair friendly.

Also due to age a lot of the parts are not even available so be careful with disassembly.

DaveCQE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies.
sgkent, I wish I had the manual but all I found on the web was the coverpage.
StarTech, I have had the covers removed, and one screw on the carb, but the carb wouldn't budge. I was not sure how to separate the carb from the case, was hoping for some specifics.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
234.795490 IPL

According to the IPL there is two screws. With both screws removed then the gasket might be holding it on.

DaveCQE

Forum Newbie
Threads
234.795490 IPL

According to the IPL there is two screws. With both screws removed then the gasket might be holding it on.
I will give it a shot, one of the screws looked like it was only the pivot for the choke so I didnt remove it. Thanks for the information, the IPL is also a great help, I had no idea where to get that. The help is appreciated!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I will give it a shot, one of the screws looked like it was only the pivot for the choke so I didnt remove it. Thanks for the information, the IPL is also a great help, I had no idea where to get that. The help is appreciated!
Just be careful the choke/carburetor mounting screw as there maybe a bushing present to keep the screw from binding the choke plate.

Last edited:

DaveCQE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just be careful the choke/carburetor mounting screw as there maybe a bushing present to the screw from binding the choke plate.
Thanks for the heads up, I hope to work on it this weekend.