Scotts s2544 no power

Smurfy76

Threads
So I changed out the battery and I have lost all power. The previous battery was not turning the mower over and I know this battery is good. But now I have no power at all. I even tried to jump both the solenoid and the starter and it doesn't even get a lil spark. I tried jumper cables to test the different grounds and nothing changed. I know there is something simple I'm missing. I have no power on the dashboard either.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very good chance you installed the new battery backwards and that blows the fuse instantly
Unlike car batteries where the terminals are different sizes to prevent ( or at least warn ) this happening , mower terminals are identical & come in both Left ( + terminal ) and Right configurations
One way is more popular than the other so that one is often a few $ cheaper because of the volume effect .

Smurfy76

Threads
Very good chance you installed the new battery backwards and that blows the fuse instantly
Unlike car batteries where the terminals are different sizes to prevent ( or at least warn ) this happening , mower terminals are identical & come in both Left ( + terminal ) and Right configurations
One way is more popular than the other so that one is often a few $ cheaper because of the volume effect .
Terminals are correct. I did get it to turn over by applying power to the smaller wire on the starter. It didn't start but atleast it's something.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It will not start when you do that because there is no power to the carburettor solenoid so no fuel enters the carb.
In the wiring diagram below on the left side you will see there is both a fuse on the red wire & a fuseable link ( blue wire )
One or both of these has probably popped
A fuseable link is another way of describing a slow blow fuse and is basically an under rated wire that burns out when carrying a smaller current over a long period of time .
I usually just replace them with either a fuse or a breaker

scotts wiring.jpg

shadetree#1

Threads
Try using a electrical tester such as a 12v test light or electrical meter so as to check the voltage.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Will try that diagram again
Looks like there might be a problem with the web host .
I will try it as a pdf ( which you will have to download as it won't display )

Attachments

• scotts wiring.pdf
    331.3 KB · Views: 4