Scam?

lobshot88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying to buy a sub compact tractor/mower long distance. The seller wants to use a third party to hold the purchase money until I inspect the tractor. If I accept the tractor the third party then forwards the money to the seller to complete the transaction.

The third party transaction manager is called Freight Spedition Co. Has anyone heard of it? I cannot find much information about it online.

Thanks,

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds fishy to me - I'd hold off until I could verify who this 3rd party is and their reputation.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds fishy to me - I'd hold off until I could verify who this 3rd party is and their reputation.

I agree it sounds fishy. Doesn't PayPal do the same thing?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trying to buy a sub compact tractor/mower long distance. The seller wants to use a third party to hold the purchase money until I inspect the tractor. If I accept the tractor the third party then forwards the money to the seller to complete the transaction.

The third party transaction manager is called Freight Spedition Co. Has anyone heard of it? I cannot find much information about it online.

Thanks,

Pretty much any online transaction that involves a third party, forwarding company, or the like is a scam. RUN, don't walk away. If you were the seller, would you insist a possible buyer send you money up front to some unknown-to-them third party? How many possible buyers would even think about such a deal? I don't think any legitimate seller would either.

If you're still want to go after it, see if another member here might be located near the unit and verify it for you...

fastback

Threads
I think I would run real fast. That third party may infact be the one you are talking to.

lobshot88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback. I have finally come to the conclusion that this must be a scam. The Third Party Company called Freightspeditionco.com will not provide me with a Motor Carrier number which all carriers in the US are supposed to have. This allows consumers to check their credentials.

Thanks for the warnings.

talley2191

Threads
Lots of dishonest folks out there. Thank whoever taught you to hone you "spidey senses" :)