Scag zero turn mowers

Belstar

Threads
I just came across this company and find their mowers quite interesting. I think the benefits of the zero turn function are probably great for people with less power in their arms and the designs are pretty funky to boot. Now to check out the pricing!

cubby

Threads
I own a scag tigercub for 7 years now and very happy with it. Only problem was a broken belt tensioner spring which the dealer gave to me free because they were having issues with a few machines.

These mowers are commercial grade and built very good, they do however have a homeowner model in their lineup. As for price ,they are pricey but I think well worth it. They are cool looking and fun to operate

I must say that these mowers are quite heavy, mine is close to 1000 pnds. so if you have any low or soft areas that collect water you could get stuck or sink in.

Happy shopping........cubby

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
cubby is right on... these are great ... LONG lasting mowers.
If you are not going to put huge hours on one every year, you could look for a well maintained used one... It will out last any run of the mill residential mower. Easy to maintain and will hold its value for decades... :smile:KennyV

Twinkle

Threads
This is an interesting thread for me as I didn't know much about zero turn mowers. For those using them now, do you find they save you a lot of time? Or is there some other feature that makes them better than the usual type?

adan

Threads
Zero turn mowers are interesting. I observe the ride-on lawn mowers here. The turn at the edge of the field is usually messy brought by the radius of the turn. Zero turn solves the problem.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Quick and easy handling in spite of their weight...
and engineered to be serviced easily so as to keep them operational... :smile:KennyV

Belstar

Threads
Thanks for the comments here. I am really into looking at different mower types so it's nice to learn more about this one. I wonder if there is some way to test drive a new mower before buying, like when you want a new car. It would be fun to try one out and see how it feels.