Scag Turf Tiger ll vs Scag Cheetah ll

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep...

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually the price if fuel is set by the WALL ST futures market, not the government
And that is largely due to day traders buying up all of the spare capacity on the spot market plus the hedge funds buying up all of the uncontracted futures hoping the hysteria around the Russian-Ukrane war would cause a short supply situation ( which it did not by the way ) but just the same the price of oil skyrocketed due to the panic buying and what traders call Mass - volume effect
Fuel prices went up world wide including in Aust and we are not part of the Biden administration the last time I checked .
Fuel prices went up in the UK and they have a conservative government there .
Gas prices down here ( except in WA ) have tripled despite the cost of extraction remaining exactly the same but because of the shortage of Russian gas the local suppliers tripled the domestic price because they could with the knowledge that they could get even more for their gas if the local market cut back .
And they could do it because like in the USA CONSERVATIVE governments refused to mandate local supply volumes and maximum pricing because in the CONSERVATIVE mantra the "market" must always be free to set prices according to supply & demand unhindered by government interfearance .
And FWIW when I ran a delivery business fuel was only 20% of my costs
Insurance was 30%
The only 2 prices the government controls is tax & interest rates and even then the Reserve bank sets the interest rate
Si if taxes skyrocket then you can blame the government but if fuel prices skyrocket then look at the profits of the oil companies to see who is pushing them up .

Unfortuneatly the demented US election system manages to politize everything aspect of your life and the really stupid 2 party system ends up brainwashing the portion of the population that are too lazy to think for themselves that every thing the reds do is demonic if they vote blue and everything the blues do is wrong if they vote red where as both colours are 100% corrupt but like a good magican they keep misdirecting the gaze of their followers so they do not see how much they are being robbed by the party they voted for and that is regardless of the colour of their undies .

The last couple of weeks while I was on holidays I bumped into 5 Americans .
Four of them have fled in the last month to escape the political violence that was happening right now in their old towns, with 2 of them fearing a civil war if President Trump is either prosecuted or prevented from running in the next election .
And this is what you expect to see in third world countries with uneducated populations not a supposedly well educated politically stable country like the USA .
If you study modern history the parallels between pre WWII Germany & the USA are getting alarmingly close
I guess shutting the Keystone pipe line down ending drilling. Buying higher price oil from foreign markets had nothing to do with.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually no
If you look at the monthly oil consumption figures they barely moved after the pipeline was shut down
They did not move after the Russian invasion of Ukrane either, in fact they went down & are still not back to the pre-covid levels .
So consumption has been falling, supply has remained almost constant but futures prices went through the roof because of speculation forcing the spot price up and the funds managers are keeping it there trying to claw back some of what they lost when Covid first hit and air travel all but stopped .
Because of all of the shutdowns there was actually a glut of crude .
Always fun to plot price over the top of supply and consumption.
Even if you allow for the lag between supply & consumption there is no correlation like the "market" tells us there is brcsuse funds managers distort it .