Scag Turf Tiger interchangeable parts

JW_1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering if anyone knew of any interchangeable parts for a Scag Turf Tiger.
I am looking for the belt covers on a 61” deck. The mower is a STT61V 26CH EFI SN K1902835
I would also consider used parts.

JW_1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok how about used parts, ANYONE know where I might find some used belt covers for an61” deck???
I already know about eBay.

Mower King

Threads
Ok how about used parts, ANYONE know where I might find some used belt covers for an61” deck???
I already know about eBay.
Are you wanting spindle covers for any particular reason, because it had them...or?

JW_1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you wanting spindle covers for any particular reason, because it had them...or?
Mainly because I don’t like the moving parts exposed when using the mower. I’m the second owner and didn’t think to ask if they were available when I bought it. Live and learn. I see a lot of people running without them, not sure why but would love to find someone with the pair just laying around. Got to be some rusting somewhere.

Mower King

Threads
Mainly because I don’t like the moving parts exposed when using the mower. I’m the second owner and didn’t think to ask if they were available when I bought it. Live and learn. I see a lot of people running without them, not sure why but would love to find someone with the pair just laying around. Got to be some rusting somewhere.
I see...I don't know where to get used covers. I didn't know if you thought you had to have them on to mow, you don't. Some mowers actually use the covers to help keep the belt on, Scag DOES NOT! The reason some people run without them are to be able to keep grass / debris blowed off and not getting all built up around the spindles & top of the deck, which, grass build up IS NOT A PLUS!

JW_1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I see...I don't know where to get used covers. I didn't know if you thought you had to have them on to mow, you don't. Some mowers actually use the covers to help keep the belt on, Scag DOES NOT! The reason some people run without them are to be able to keep grass / debris blowed off and not getting all built up around the spindles & top of the deck, which, grass build up IS NOT A PLUS!
Yes! I hate that too. I have to take the cover off my 52” all the time. Guess eBay will be my best bet. Just can’t bring myself to pay $117 a piece for them. Thanks

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of the commercial guys run their mowers without covers. The grass that builds up is a pain to get out without removing the cover. The big issue is if enough grass gets in it will hold heat in the spindles causing early bearing failure.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of the commercial guys run their mowers without covers. The grass that builds up is a pain to get out without removing the cover. The big issue is if enough grass gets in it will hold heat in the spindles causing early bearing failure.
Or a fire .
If you are careful and if you don't have kids playing with the mower, the belt covers do very little good unless like on the JD Edge deck, the cover is also a belt retainer.
There is a danger of stepping off the mower onto the deck and ripping your foot apart if the safety switches are not working and you can get off the seat while the blades are still spinning.
Other than that, they can be left off which means you can clean the deck of clippings with a leaf blower.

JW_1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or a fire .
If you are careful and if you don't have kids playing with the mower, the belt covers do very little good unless like on the JD Edge deck, the cover is also a belt retainer.
There is a danger of stepping off the mower onto the deck and ripping your foot apart if the safety switches are not working and you can get off the seat while the blades are still spinning.
Other than that, they can be left off which means you can clean the deck of clippings with a leaf blower.

Well that sure makes sense.
Thanks for everyone’s advise! Guess I’ll leave them off for now because I for sure need to clean in those areas every time I mow!

Mower King

Threads
Thanks for everyone’s advise! Guess I’ll leave them off for now because I for sure need to clean in those areas every time I mow!
Yep, leave them off....everyone does, just be mindful that their gone and don't let any kids, dogs, cats, people, get on the mower when your blades are on.....which you shouldn't do that even if you had shields on!