Scag Turf Tiger 28 hp Caterpillar Diesel, starting issues

I have a Turf Tiger and it fails to start via the key, after you shut it down for a short time.
When I turn the key, it makes a clicking sound like a flat battery solenoid, battery reads 12.7 volts
I have fitted a secondary start switch, from the positive battery terminal to the starter solenoid, so I can move it.

The 12 volt 40 amp solenoid mounted inside the control box also clicks consecutive when trying to start.

I look forwarded to your thoughts!

Regards
Graeme
 
If your secondary switch starts the mower, I would say the problem is between the switch and the solenoid. Most likely an OSHA switch is interrupting the voltage from the switch to the solenoid.

First thing I would do is turn the key to start position while simultaneously over working the OSHA switches. Over Work the levers, parking brake, bounce around on the seat, ect. (I started a friends mower Saturday doing this very thing and determined the brake switch was the problem.)

If that did not find the problem, I would get out my test light and follow the current from the switch to see where it is interrupted. A wiring diagram would simplify this process.

I am not a tech and usually repair my own stuff. You asked for our thoughts, well these are mine. Good luck.
 
Back
Top