Scag tiger cub 48

valinr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put the mower up in my metal building while I was replacing the two rear wheels. Because of problems getting the new tires to seat it took about three weeks before I was ready to run the mower again. When I started the mower it was hard to get started, but after a few minutes it started. After running about 35/40 seconds it shutdown and it turned out that the top fuse had blown. I replaced the fuse and turned on the switch. The fuse blew in about 10/15 seconds. I know this means I have a short, but don't know where to start looking because I don't know which systems are fed by that fuse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Micah, it is the main fuse, because he hasn't engaged the clutch. This is not easy to diagnosis as there are a variety of circuits to check. I suspect you will find a little critter problem. I would start by looking in areas that a not exposed, where a critter can get in, under the control panel, lever safety switches, deck safety switch and wiring going to the engine. At this point I don't think you need to open and harnesses. Also, check for loose connections, as they may be producing an overly high resistance. These problems will test your patience, so take your time and NEVER assume anything is good until you have checked it.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the machine PIN number in hand, go to the Scag website, click on operators manuals, find you specific machine and download the manual. The wiring diagram is in the manual.

Poodlehead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone please tell me where the 20amp main fuse is located on a Tiger Cub? I guess I'm blind because I can't find it... Thanks in advance!

Its Me

Threads
don't know the model are the serial number of your machine but where your key switch if with the gauges there should be some bolts or nuts again depending on the one you have, remove then and you will see the fuses.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy I just love it when someone posts to an old thread.

Besides there about 30 different models of the Tiger Cub.