Engine SCAG Tiger Cub 19 HP Kawasaki eratic idle

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have to agree about the benefits of using Seafoam* It has been around since about 1942, my Dad used it & swore by it..

It will also stabilize fuel for 2 years, & the container has no expiration on shelf life..

Seafoam has even worked on one of my air-guns that got gummed up.. Good Stuff.. I don't use it thru the year, because we can still get 100% gas here, but this time of year, I start using it, so when I do my last mow, my machines are ready & can safely sleep till spring..

Sta-Bil however does have an expiration on it. Once opened, you should not use the contents after 2 years. (Believe me). Says it in the fine print on the bottle.

TexasM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I'm new to this site and found it by Googling Kawasaki idle issues. I have the 19 HP Kawasaki motor on my 48" Scag and it just developed a problem idling, so thanks to the information provided so far on this topic I will do some trouble shooting and hopefully resolve this issue. I will be back to let you know what I find. I have over 600 hours on this 2007 model mower as I mow over 4 acres. Thanks to all that have contributed to this site.

I removed filter assembly and loosened carb, also removed float bowl, blew air through jets in throttle body and gas inlet line In doing so, something popped off top of carb. exposing what appears to be a jet. since I couldn't find this piece I trimmed a rubber pencil eraser and plugged the small hole then sealed this with rubber type gasket sealer.
After reassembling everything, with some difficulty getting float bowl gasket to seal, I restarted mower and it idled fine, so apparently there was some trash in one of the jets. Talking with mechanic at local dealer he said there is low, intermediate and high speed jets in carb. Anyway, not as easy as I thought to do this job and bolts are metric not US standard, but have it running again.

TexasM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have to agree about the benefits of using Seafoam* It has been around since about 1942, my Dad used it & swore by it..

It will also stabilize fuel for 2 years, & the container has no expiration on shelf life..

Seafoam has even worked on one of my air-guns that got gummed up.. Good Stuff.. I don't use it thru the year, because we can still get 100% gas here, but this time of year, I start using it, so when I do my last mow, my machines are ready & can safely sleep till spring..

Sta-Bil however does have an expiration on it. Once opened, you should not use the contents after 2 years. (Believe me). Says it in the fine print on the bottle.

Thanks for the info. I bought a can of Seafoam and added to my gas tank and spare gas cans, so will see how it performs. Thanks.