Scag SFZ Electrical Schematic Needed

LSU-Mike

Threads
Can anyone direct me to an online electrical schematic for my 14 year old Freedom Z with 19 HP Kawasaki? I'm hoping to find a real schematic, not just the diagram included in the owner's manual. A schematic will show the inner "workings" of each electrical component (e.g. contacts, coils etc.) I need one to help me track down my electrical problem without disassembling the mower to get at hard to reach parts. OK, call me lazy.

When I turn the start switch I hear a faint clicking noise in the starter area, but nothing happens when I reach the start position. No power is reaching the starter solenoid. Fuses good. I can hear the PTO clutch energize when I pull that switch (even when I'm not on the seat). The upper lefthand bolt of the switch plate won't come out and I'd like to avoid butchering up the housing just to check the start switch. Battery, starter and solenoid are all less than a year old.

This issue first surfaced a few days ago after mowing for a couple of hours. I stopped the mower to pick up some tree branches and it wouldn't restart. I towed it back to my workshop and ignored it for a couple of days. After that it started fine. Today - no go.

I know how to read real schematics and hope that will help me focus on the most likely culprits instead of going from part to part, while not knowing what's supposed to happen within each part.

Thanks folks.
Mike

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
LAst page in the parts book
Parts book is a free download from Scag

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1654077582149.png
Lap bar switches are Delta 6444-53 [NC/NO] and the seat switch is a Delta 6444-84 [NO/NC].
1654077736055.png

LSU-Mike

Threads
Thanks StarTech. Just what I was looking for.

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)