Scag seat safety switch ?

B737capt

Threads
That explains it then. Mine falls in the serial # range G1900001.

Attachments

• scagz.PNG
    scagz.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 29

Homer1

Threads
Thanks for checking into it guys. I don't have my serial number in front of me, I started to e-mail their CS this week and they needed it as well so I decided to wait till this weekend when I have it out. I still haven't tried to unplug it and plug it back in, a sort of reset if you will.

Either way, I need it to idle in park, so I will have to at least figure out a way to bypass it or bypass it with the PTO off anyway, knowing well it's a safety issue, but it's not practical as is right now. Perhaps I can order a different model switch if that's the issue.

Even lower end ZTR's let you get up in park, so I really think it's just something out of spec somewhere.

Ill keep an eye out for anything you find.

Homer

Homer1

Threads
I found my registration card and my exact model is the SFZ52-25BS . I e-mailed Scag this morning, but probably won't hear back for a couple of business days. I am am going to mow today, I will pull the harness off of the seat switch and do some tests to see if I can figure out why the engine is dying when I get up in park. Since it runs fine with me sitting in the seat parked and neutral, I really think it's gotta be a seat switch wiring issue or the switch itself. Maybe a little love tap with the old screwdriver will clear things up :)

I will update if I somehow fix it.

Homer1

Threads
Well, how about this for chance. I backed it out this morning and parked it getting ready to check for continuity on the switch and make sure it was operating as it should. Locked the brake, arms to neutral, then hopped up and the damn thing kept running.

I sat down 3 times and repeated it, even started it again, and it kept running. So I am at a loss.

I removed the plug for the seat switch, it was packed with the electrical grease, maybe it was preventing a good connection somewhere? I really don't know. Tried it again when I finished mowing, and it's working now. Guess it's just a good day for me.