Scag Hour Meters

Scagman01a

Threads
Scag hourmeter P/N 484565 will clock time when power is applied to it.
Scag hourmeter P/N 483537 will clock time when the applied power passes 13.1 VDC as the charging system voltage increases during engine operation.
Both have a non replaceable internal battery to keep the screen live and will indicate engine service intervals of 25 hours being due. This service reminder will come and go as the hourmeter clocks time. You do nothing to the meter except read it. It is clocking time when the hourglass symbol is flashing.
You can buy either of these meters at Scag dealers or on line.
These meters are sealed and waterproof. Hobbs hourmeters as pictured in a previous thread generally are not sealed.

Thanks for the input.

Scagman01a

Threads
Purchased though scag a 484565 inductive hour meter today and installed it as directed. It did not work. No display at all. I'm get 14.4 volts to it and the inductive wire is installed as directed. Any ideas?

tigercat

Threads
Do what I did and just replace the stupid thing. I hate battery operated clocks.

Scagman01a

Threads
Do what I did and just replace the stupid thing. I hate battery operated clocks.

I think I'm going that way. Did the Hobbs meter you got fit correct? How is it secured into the opening.
Thanks in advance for the input.

tigercat

Threads
The opening is cut out perfectly. Using a #38 drill (.101 inch) my meter came with 2 small screws and nuts. So just drill two holes and bolt it in place. Look at Grainger, thats where it is sold. Or Amazon, as they hang on that site too. Cheaper ones on Ebay.
My meter came with the harness and screw and nuts. The cheaper units won't have the wire harnesss. I cut the scag harness were the plug was and using the plastic wire nuts I reattached the wires. 10 minute job. Mine came from Amazon

Hour Meter, DC Quartz Hobbs part number 085094 44

Last edited:

Scagman01a

Threads
The opening is cut out perfectly. Using a #38 drill (.101 inch) my meter came with 2 small screws and nuts. So just drill two holes and bolt it in place. Look at Grainger, thats where it is sold. Or Amazon, as they hang on that site too. Cheaper ones on Ebay.
My meter came with the harness and screw and nuts. The cheaper units won't have the wire harnesss. I cut the scag harness were the plug was and using the plastic wire nuts I reattached the wires. 10 minute job. Mine came from Amazon

Hour Meter, DC Quartz Hobbs part number 085094 44

Just ordered one. Like you I'm tired of messing with it and I like the analog better anyway.
Thanks