Safety Wiring Problem (varmints)

FeHorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had some visitors of the unwanted type get into my mower (YTH23V48) and chewed up a bunch of the wiring under the seat. There is a gray wire, a black wire and a green wire. The gray and black wires had shredded leads still hanging and I was able to reconnect them. The green wire has a lead coming up from the chassis where it is chewed off. I can't find any other green wire to connect to. Schematics in my manual do not address (apparently) any of the safety switches to the rear. Matter of fact there is no mention of green wires in the schematic accept up to to the ignition, that is all still intact. Just need to know where green wire attaches under the seat. If you have a same or similar model maybe a pic would help out. Thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
SEE PAGE 29

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the product code for your mower? It should be on the serial number tag.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look around for a ring terminal under a bolt head with no wire cinnected. Green wires are usually bonding wires and not used in circuits. They usually don't shiw up on wiring diagrams.

FeHorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look around for a ring terminal under a bolt head with no wire connected. Green wires are usually bonding wires and not used in circuits. They usually don't shiw up on wiring diagrams.
So does that mean its sort of a grounding wire attached to a seat bolt to finish the connection with the safety switch? The other wires are repaired and the mower still won't start. I'll look for evidence of a ring, but none was apparent when I looked last. Thanx.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dose it have a 2 pin seat switch or a 4 pin seat switch ?
If it is a 4 pin the you are missing a complete wire
A photo of the seat switch plug would be handy
The new switch has a shorting link inside the plug to prevent You toob watchers unplugging or shorting out the seat switch to bypass it.
According to the wiring diagram I have here you should have 3 black & 1 grey wire to the seat switch.
The only other wires in that region go down to the reverse switch on the tranny.

FeHorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dose it have a 2 pin seat switch or a 4 pin seat switch ?
If it is a 4 pin the you are missing a complete wire
A photo of the seat switch plug would be handy
The new switch has a shorting link inside the plug to prevent You toob watchers unplugging or shorting out the seat switch to bypass it.
According to the wiring diagram I have here you should have 3 black & 1 grey wire to the seat switch.
The only other wires in that region go down to the reverse switch on the tranny.
It has a 4 pin plug under the seat. As for wires, a gray, a black and a green. So 4 pin, but 3 wires.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That will be where the mystery green wire goes to
Pull the plug and have a close look at the wire end and see if there are signs of a wire having been there