Safety system seems to be working against itself

jbeane

Threads
Hey guys,

Decided to call Dixie Chopper company on Monday and an engineer looked at my schematic and told me how to fix. I appreciate all your help on this and now the rain has stopped plan on applying the information from you and the engineer and hope that resolves the problem. Otherwise I will have to bush hog before mowing again.

Rivets you and Hammermechanic man were on the right track but the engineer had the exact schematic which made it easy for him to tell me what was needed.

Anyway, it's great to know this kind of support exists.

Tommy Mckeown

Threads
All of these problems lead me to believe maybe the original starter was OK and another wiring problem caused it not to crank. If you still have the original starter test it off of the mower. If it works you should just put the old one back and rediagnose the system.

Gord Baker

Threads
Had to replace the starter on my DC Silver Eagle 27 HP Kawasaki engine and after changing have a weird safety switch issue. Attached the + red cable to the top bolt and the - black wire and another red wire to the bottom of the solenoid and the spade connector to the side of the solenoid. Prior to changing the starter I could start the mower with the brake on or off and if brake was on moving the sticks would kill the engine.

Now I must set the brake to start the engine and when I release the brake the engine dies. If I keep the brake safety switch pushed in the engine won't start. If I leave it fully extended the engine dies as soon as I move the sticks. If I take the two stick safety switches and force them to stay pushed in the mower will run and move, but if I try to engage the blades the motor dies. I'm sure I've simply attached a wire incorrectly but my son and I are stumped on what needs to be changed.

Anyone with any idea will be listened to since I have no idea of what else to do. Appreciate any ideas.
You may have more that one problem. Brake lever should be On and both tiller handles spread out to start if it is wired correctly and similar to Ferris zero turn. Red rarely connects to Black wire. + cable from battery goes to solenoid IN. Another cable goes from the other post of Solenoid to Starter. The small red likely goes to side of soleniod from key ON. Release the Brake to operate blades after engine is running.

shania50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had to replace the starter on my DC Silver Eagle 27 HP Kawasaki engine and after changing have a weird safety switch issue. Attached the + red cable to the top bolt and the - black wire and another red wire to the bottom of the solenoid and the spade connector to the side of the solenoid. Prior to changing the starter I could start the mower with the brake on or off and if brake was on moving the sticks would kill the engine.

Now I must set the brake to start the engine and when I release the brake the engine dies. If I keep the brake safety switch pushed in the engine won't start. If I leave it fully extended the engine dies as soon as I move the sticks. If I take the two stick safety switches and force them to stay pushed in the mower will run and move, but if I try to engage the blades the motor dies. I'm sure I've simply attached a wire incorrectly but my son and I are stumped on what needs to be changed.

Anyone with any idea will be listened to since I have no idea of what else to do. Appreciate any ideas.
check your seat switch