Repairs Safety switches?

rcrowley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 2006 cub cadet Z force 44. It kills the motor when you attemt to engage blades. Replaced seat switch , didnt help. Any suggestions?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a 2006 cub cadet Z force 44. It kills the motor when you attemt to engage blades. Replaced seat switch , didnt help. Any suggestions?

Which model z-force do you have? Is it the S or does it have Lap Bars, and how many wires does the seat switch have?

rcrowley

Forum Newbie
Threads

Ric It has lap bars. And 2 wire seat switch.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric It has lap bars. And 2 wire seat switch.

I know you said you replaced the seat switch but try unplugging the seat switch and put a jumper wire across the plugin, not the switch in the seat and see if it starts and will engage the blades without killing the motor. You'll just be bypassing the switch and it wont hurt anything, I've seen new switches that were bad. If that doesn't work check your wires on the pto switch and make sure your getting good connections there. You may have to replace the pto switch which is cheap and easy.

Threads
Some maybe all of the cub z mower seat swithces are double switches if you take it apart it has another switch button inside. I am not sure if the others are this way too, or not. Did you have the brake on when you engaged the pto?