safety switch bypass

gregjo1948

Threads
Have a IS1000 Z Ferris with a faulty safety switch on the right-side motion control lever. Has four wires and wondered if I can bypass that side and leave the left side operable. Or can I disable both of them. thanks, gregjo1948

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is never good to bypass safeties. I do not and most others here also advise how to bypass them. We do only to test but restore their function before releasing equipment back to the owner/operator. It is not only a safety issue but is a liability issue. Personally I will not be responsible for someone getting injured because a safety has been disabled. In my area alone I know two case where kids have been ran over. One I don't know if the kid survived but the little girl did lose most of one of her feet. I also a customer that another shop installed the wrong safety switch. When the customer was knocked off his mower, it continue on without him and slammed into his wife's new car. At least I wasn't involved other than noting the wrong switch was installed. The customer's lawsuit is still pending against the other shop.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Short answer is no
That is the tamper proof switch
Long answer is there will be videos on You tube because some think that bypassing them is a massive blow against the state an an advancement in the fight for freedom .

The question is why do you want to bypass it ?
On occasionsI extend the plungers with a self tapper to reduce the sensitivity of them if they keep activating when you pass over rough ground .

While I am a big believer in personal responsibility & would be happy to see 100 people a day loose their hand or toes due to their own stupidity and thus remind everybody that a mower is a dangerous tool not a toy to amuse the kids with , the seat switch is the only thing that protects others so there is no excuse for disabling it other to service the mower

bkeller500

Threads
Talk to your dealer and order a correct replacement switch. Don't go looking for trouble. Someone else is depending you doing the right thing!