S130 And MowerPlus Smart Module Won’t Connect.

jonnyreb64

Forum Newbie
I have a 1 month old S130 mower and I bought the MowerPlus Smart connector and correctly installed it. I can’t get it to connect with my IPhone 12 (current IOS) Bluetooth. My phones Bluetooth doesn’t even recognize it. Any help would be appreciated.
 
If you purchased both these units through a John Deere dealer, your best bet is to have them troubleshoot your problem.
 
There are two different modules available, one for a 100 series and one for a 300 series. Do you have the correct one? Another reason to purchase from a dealer.
 
There are two different modules available, one for a 100 series and one for a 300 series. Do you have the correct one? Another reason to purchase from a dealer.
Yes! The MowerPlus Smart module is for the S130 and the JD dealer said the S130 was not available until maybe 2023 and to check the box stores.
 
If the dealer couldn’t get it until 2023, how do the big box stores get it? Somethings just don’t compute to this old farts brain. I’m totally confused.
 
If the dealer couldn’t get it until 2023, how do the big box stores get it? Somethings just don’t compute to this old farts brain. I’m totally confused.
I thought the same thing but the Hilliard, Ohio JD dealer told me that. The local Lowes just happen to have the S130 in stock but just briefly. Now they are all sold out. I think the dealer shortage had to do with part shortages.
 
300 series uses JD part number BUC10537. 100 series uses JD part number BUC10510. According to this site it is not used on an S130 unit. https://www.johndeerestore.com/jdb2cstorefront/JohnDeereStore/en/John-Deere-products/Genuine-Parts/MowerPlus-Hour-Meter-Bluetooth®-Connector/p/BUC10510. Someone is not being totally turthful with you.
I have the
BUC10929 MowerPlus Deluxe Smart Connector is for use with:

  • All S120, S130, S160, S170, and S180 Tractors
  • Model year 2021 and newer S240 Tractors (serial number 880,001-)
  • Model year 2021 and newer Z515E, Z530M, Z530R, and Z545R (serial number 010,001-
This information is from the John Deere website.
 
Only thing I can tell you is to contact JD tech service directly. Your JD dealer should be able to give you a number if they can’t help you. Might have to apologize for not going through them when you purchased the unit. Time to bite the tip off your tongue. Another reason to using a dealership.
 
Back
Top