RZT SX Hydro-Gear fluid change

Lawn Addict
Threads
She sounds like a keeper.. Very Cool. & I agree with your logic.

TooTallToMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to admit that I get a kick out of her on this mower. Although the 560 is the baby of the PRO line up, the 27 HP Kawasaki makes her feel like she is running a Big Bud tractor at full bore. The biggest thing with me is that she is confident and feels safe on it. The steering wheel models - which lots of folks don't like - makes all the difference on some of the sloped areas of the yard - but to each his own. She likes to stay busy outside in nice weather and has never recoiled from - as she puts it "doing my share". Of course, she was a trifle skittish in the beginning - there was a definite learning curve, but she is a real pro at it now. In the big scheme of things - as long as she is happy and I get to play with old chainsaws while she's mowing - what the heck!
Nice stage Name..! Kinda a dyslexic turnaround of a Gold&silver dude I listen to on the internet airways... i got a 54 inch RZT-SX with the Kawasaki I've had a handfull of years, gotta say I'm happy enough with it keeping up with 3 acres of hilly terain. Thanx for the insights on the hydro service. Found this sight cause i just sucked up a branch into myright side Hydro fan and nuked it. Looking for insights on how to replace it. Will i need to drop the entire hydro unit to get to the Pulley Nut? Thanx..

Ferd Turgeson

Threads
What model Hydro Gear pump? Have you looked at any diagrams online?

TooTallToMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, the Hydro-gear is Hydro-Gear ZC-DMBB-CAGB-24PX. Looked over their website, and the service manual. Guessing I'll be dropping the unit, was hoping for a video for the Learned Impaired such as myself.
Looking at your service posts on it, Looks like they claim the unit will never need to be serviced, LOL.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sealed for life is what the mower companies want so they do not have to carry spares for them
Sealed for life = SHORT LIFE
Changing the oil = Long life
Now days most trannys will outlast the mower they are installed into if the oil is changed somewhere around the 300 to 500 hour mark
Very few residentials will go 500 hours now days without requiring major repairs so you just go out and buy a new one and the shareholders get another bottle of booze from you .

Ferd Turgeson

Threads
Sealed for life really burns me up. I am going to suck out and refill a with a quart of the 20w50 every season now - just out of spite lol.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sealed for life really burns me up. I am going to suck out and refill a with a quart of the 20w50 every season now - just out of spite lol.
Unless you are fastideous about cleaning the fillport you will do more damage than good

Lawn Addict
Threads
True.........

Ferd Turgeson

Threads
Pretty straightforward to see the fill port caps on each pump from above so I can keep the areas clean.