RZT SX 0-TURN Hydrostatic fan replacement Videos/Help

TooTallToMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / RZT SX 0-TURN Hydrostatic fan replacement Videos/Help
Looks Like I sucked a branch up & Nuked my fan blades on the right side hydrostatic drive (Cub Cadet RZT-SX 54).
Any out there have a link on how to get to the pulley without dropping the entire drive unit ? My Google eyes are as blurred as my Old Originals..
Thanx...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you cut a really big hole in the floor, the drive has to come out

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
None that I know of that I would recommend
Lots that I would not
Knuckle imparred following the dirctions of the mentally imparred is not a good idea
Download your mower parts diagram
Look for all the bolts that hold down the drive
Usually 3 or 4 in the side around the axel and a brace plate between the two drives
Take some photos as you go
Use a paint pen / marker pen to mark the various control rod and their levers so you can put them back together in the right places
Most have only 1 position

In order
1) remove the belt
2) jack up mower & put jack stands under it, lower the mower & remove the rear wheel
3) remove the linkages ( the jack stands will always be in the way no matter where you put them , Murphy's Law )
4) remove the brace plate between the trannys usually 2 to 4 bolts
5) put a jack under the trans ( they are heavier than you think )
6) remove the mounting bolts 3 to 4 bolts
7) remove the tranny.
Most will have to be tilted then then dropped down as the axel usually goes through a hole in the side and most will foul on the other one before the axel clears the hole , thus the need to jack up the mower

TooTallToMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lotz of goodpoints there, Many Thanx.
I'll Be wearing out the Sharpies & Polaroid on this project when the parts come in.

TooTallToMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanx for all the help here on the boards. Not too terrible a job when all the parts came in & together. Most definitely want a floorjackto holdthe tranny in place if doing it solo. Cleaned up the fill cap and checked the tranny fluid, still crisp and bright red after ~200 hours, so left it alone.